Firefighters extricate man after crashing into tree
Fire crews had to extricate the man whose car flipped upon impact
By Kimberly Pohl
Chicago Daily Herald
STREAMWOOD, Ill. — 29-year-old Streamwood man was severely injured Saturday morning when his vehicle hit a tree in Schaumburg.
The man, whose identity isn't being released, was driving west on Weathersfield Way near Whittier Lane when the single-vehicle crash occurred at about 3:30 a.m., Schaumburg Fire Capt. John Steele said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze