Ariz. toddler dies while visiting fire station
The toddler, who was just under two years old, was fatally injured by the apparatus bay doors
By FireRescue1 Staff
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — A toddler died after suffering fatal injuries during a fire station tour.
AZ Central reported that the toddler, who was just under two years old and a family member of a firefighter at the station, was part of a Scottsdale Fire Department station tour when he was fatally injured by the apparatus bay doors.
The boy was immediately treated by EMS providers and transported to the hospital, where he later died.
"The Scottsdale Fire Department family is deeply saddened by this accident,'' a Scottsdale Fire Department statement said. “We are doing all we can to support and care for the firefighters and family members at the station when the accident occurred, and we ask the community’s thoughts and prayers for this child and his family."
The incident is currently under investigation.