Oil rig explosion burns 3 in North Dakota
The cause of the explosion is under investigation
By Lauren Donovan
The Bismarck Tribune
DICKINSON, N.D. — Three men, all from North Dakota, are in critical to serious condition at a regional burn center following an explosion and fire Sunday on an oil rig located about 30 miles northeast of Beach.
The explosion occurred at about 10 a.m., and the resulting fire continued to flare up and subside Monday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Oil rig explosion burns 3 in North Dakota
- Hazards and Hazmat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze