logo for print

Sprinklers save life of NH man smoking on oxygen tank

Man engulfed in flames after his portable medical oxygen tank ignited when he apparently fell asleep drinking and smoking


By Kathryn Marchocki
The Union Leader 

LACONIA, N.H. — The Laconia man engulfed in flames when his portable medical oxygen tank ignited when he apparently fell asleep drinking and smoking remains in a Boston hospital Sunday with second- and possibly third-degree burns, the fire chief said.

The 57-year-old man's wounds do not appear to be life threatening, but it is difficult to assess a burn victim's condition because they can suffer complications, Fire Chief Kenneth Erickson said.

Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions Privacy Policy

Full story: Sprinklers save life of NH man smoking on oxygen tank

  1. Tags
  2. Safety

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Fire Attack

Sponsored by

Copyright © 2018 FireRescue1.com. All rights reserved.