Australian firefighter badly burned battling wildfires dies
Firefighter Wendy Bearfoot succumbed to her injuries after she and another firefighter were burned Oct. 12
Duty Death: Wendy Bearfoot - [Albany, Australia ]
The West Australian
ALBANY, Australia — A 45-year-old firefighter who died yesterday, three weeks after she was engulfed in flames near Albany, has been remembered as a much-loved, courageous and experienced firefighter.
Department of Environment and Conservation worker and mother-of-three Wendy Bearfoot was trapped in the fire's path after strong winds changed direction as she, a 24-year-old colleague and several other firefighters fought a blaze on a private property on October 12.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze