Blaze kills 2 kids, injures 2 others
The firefighters who had been battling the fire collapsed from exhausting after evacuating the burning home
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Racine, Wis. — Debrah Scott nearly lost her life in a house fire when she was a little girl. Her face still bears some of the scars of that blaze in which she and her sister were rescued, friends and family members said.
Just before 1 a.m. Thursday, Scott, now 28, ran across the street to the home of her parents in the 1900 block of Linden Ave. She banged on the door and called the Fire Department from there. Now her house was on fire, her four children were trapped - and she could hear them screaming, Racine Fire Chief Steve Hansen said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Blaze kills 2 kids, injures 2 others
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze