91-year-old woman killed in apartment fire
Olga Bates was found unconscious and later died
By Lorena Mongelli and Jessica Simeone
The New York Post
NEW YORK — An elderly churchgoing woman was killed yesterday by a fire that swept through her Brooklyn apartment building, authorities said.
Olga Bates, 91, a widow who relatives said was "very religious," was found unconscious on the second floor of the Prospect Heights building and later died, cops said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 91-year-old woman killed in apartment fire
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze