4-alarm fire tears through 1940s-era warehouse buildings
Fire progressed rapidly through the interconnected buildings
HAMILTON, Canada — A massive fire tore through a series of decades-old buildings in an industrial complex in the Hamilton-area community of Dundas, where dozens of firefighters were at the scene late Tuesday and into this morning.
CBC videographer Tony Smyth says more than 80 firefighters — about the number who work the entire city in any one-day shift — were at the scene at the height of the four-alarm fire.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze