Several fire departments fight to save 140-year-old home
A long drive way made the fire fight more difficult
By Holly Campbell
DELPHI, Ind. — A nearly 140-year-old home went up in flames Friday night just outside of Delphi.
Idaville Volunteer Fire Department was the first crew on the scene. Fire Chief Scott Simons said it took hours before the fire was out.
"It's a historic, big old house. A lot of fire because it's full of hardwood," Simons said about the home. "We couldn't put it out by ourselves. We needed all the help we could get on hauling water in here."
Full story: Fire destroys historic home in Delphi
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze