1 killed in Pa. house fire
The victim suffered severe burns and smoke inhalation
By Andrew Eiser
The Philadelphia Daily News
KENSINGTON, Pa. — A Kensington man died after a fire broke out in his two-story home, and another man was rescued thanks to a neighbor's bravery.
Jose Carmona, 30, pulled the survivor from the front hallway of his burning home at 3460 Joyce St. The 78-year-old victim was in critical condition at Temple University Hospital with severe burns and smoke inhalation.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 1 killed in Pa. house fire
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze