Firefighters save 2 children from house fire
A 3-year-old boy was found inside unconscious
EAST POINT, Ga. — The firefighters who rescued two children from a burning home in East Point on Monday are talking about the experience. Crews found the kitchen up in flames and then later found the children inside.
According to East Point fire officials, firefighters responded to a burning home on Valley View Drive and found two children inside, a 3-year-old boy was found unconscious and barely breathing and a 12-year-old girl was found by firefighter Scott Thompson, hiding in a closet. He pulled her out, and firefighters got both children out of the house.
Lt. Thompson said when they carried the 12-year-old out of the house, she was not breathing.
Full story: Firefighters save 2 children from burning home
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze