Vietnam vet dies trying to rescue neighbor from burning house
Fire department uses death to remind civilians of the dangers of being in a burning building
By Daniel Hight
CBS - 3 WREG
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — It’s not always like the movies, sometimes acting heroic will cost you your life.
The Shelby County Fire Department says a man was killed trying to rescue a woman from a burning home Thursday evening.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze