Firefighter survives on-duty 'widow-maker'
NC Firefighter Spagnoletti suffered a major heart attack while on duty
By Jennifer Young
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Winston-Salem firefighter Tony Spagnoletti has 27 years of experience, but he wasn't expecting the kind of call he got last week — a close one — from "the widow-maker."
Spagnoletti suffered a major heart attack last Thursday while on duty at Fire Station 7 on Country Club Road. He returned Thursday, dressed in his Honor Guard uniform, to say thank you to his fellow fire-crew members and to EMS paramedics for helping save his life.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Firefighter survives on-duty 'widow-maker'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze