Firefighter injured in blaze started by woman smoking in bed
The woman was found in her bedroom lying face down and unresponsive
ATLUS, Okla. — The Altus Fire/Rescue responded to a structure fire call Friday morning, Dec. 28, at 1220 n. Blain with occupants inside.
Upon arrival, they found light smoke coming from an open front door, with one of the occupants standing in the front door. Firemen were told that a woman was in the bedroom. upon entering the bedroom, they found a woman lying face down and unresponsive on the floor.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze