Firefighters praised for containing 3-alarm blaze
One firefighter suffered minor injuries in the weekend fire
By Stephanie Akin
RUTHERFORD, N.J. — At least one firefighter was treated for minor injuries while fighting a three-alarm blaze that appeared to have started in a barbershop in a commercial building on Ames Avenue, Mayor Joseph DeSalvo Jr. said Saturday.
DeSalvo credited firefighters with preventing the Friday night blaze from causing more widespread damage.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze