Mass. woman saved by 2 firefighting cousins
The woman was rescued, having suffered severe burns on her legs
By Greg Wayland
ACUSHNET, Mass. — An Acushnet, Mass. woman is safe this afternoon, thanks to the heroic efforts of two firefighters. There are a few twists to this particular rescue. Three to be exact.
The address of the fire rang a distant bell in the minds of firefights. There heroes in this rescue are cousins, and they aren’t full-time firefighters, but they performed like professionals. A neighbor made the 911 call just after 11 p.m. Sunday.
“I was at home, got the call over our alert system,” said Frysinger.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze