Texas volunteer firefighter loses home in blaze
Capt. Guner Booth, his wife and 7-month-old son were not home when the fire broke out
By FireRescue1 Staff
BLOSSOM, Texas — A firefighter’s home was completely destroyed in a fire Wednesday night.
Blossom Fire Chief Jeff Stover said when he received the call, he thought it was his address. However, it turned out to be his neighbor and colleague’s home, Capt. Guner Booth.
“I kind of panicked, because I thought it was my house. So I tried to get here as quick as I could and I got here and it was my neighbor's, who is a Captain on our fire department. It was just very emotional," Chief Stover said.
Capt. Booth, his wife and 7-month-old son were at his father’s house when the fire broke out, reported KXII.
"It started in the electrical panel. It looks like there was a wire that came loose at some point and arced up against the panel and finally broke through and started the fire in the laundry room," Chief Stover said.
Capt. Booth and his wife were able to recover a small amount of clothing.
"That's pretty much what we are worried about, is the baby clothes, diapers and stuff. We'll manage, me and my wife, we're worried about him," Capt. Booth said.
Colleagues are organizing a fundraiser to help replace items and clothing.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.