Firefighters reunite with dog they rescued from fire
The Chico Fire and Rescue Department firefighters were surprised with a playtime session with Boo, who almost died from smoke inhalation
By FireRescue1 Staff
CHICO, Calif. — A fire department was given a surprise reunion with a dog they rescued from a house blaze.
ABC News reported that the Chico Fire and Rescue Department shared photos of the crew spending an afternoon playing with Boo, who they found unresponsive with extremely labored breathing in a burning home.
Firefighters were able to pull Boo out before he suffered fatal smoke inhalation and revived him.
“Great to see ‘Boo’ is feeling better,” the fire department said on Twitter while thanking Boo’s owner, Alex Collins, for bringing the dog by.
Great to see “Boo” is feeling better. Last Tuesday, firefighters rescued Boo from a burning house on Chestnut Street. Firefighters and medics worked to resuscitate the pup. Thanks for stopping by Alex Collins! #ChicoFD #AnimalRescue pic.twitter.com/yrIWHUTFTb— Chico Fire-Rescue (@ChicoFD) March 11, 2018
Collins also received a surprise when the community decided to start a GoFundMe for the single mother who was notified that her home was on fire while she was out applying for a job.
“She came home to her dog on oxygen being rushed out by an ambulance, her toddler was at daycare,” the GoFundMe organizer said. “Seeing her toddler's little shoes and toys all burnt to a crisp, is crushing to us all, yet to a single mom with all her focus on raising a healthy, safe beautiful baby this is devastatingly tragic.”