Fire kills 3 children in Texas
Mother ran back into house twice, but couldn't rescue boy, girl
By Peggy O'Hare
The Houston Chronicle
WEBSTER, Texas — The fire started in the attic above the bedroom where three little boys slept. Within moments, it had consumed everything in its path, leaving two children dead and a third on life support, devastating their family and reducing a Webster apartment building to rubble.
The victims' next-door neighbor Brandon Moore said he could only watch helplessly as the trapped children screamed for help.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fire kills 3 children in Texas
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze