LODD: Former Wis. fire chief found dead inside fire station
Chief Rodney Menne was discovered by a firefighter and plow driver who arrived early at the station for their shift
Duty Death: Rodney "Tiny" Menne - [Eldorado, Wisconsin]
By FireRescue1 Staff
ELDORADO, Wis. — A former fire chief was found dead inside a fire station Tuesday morning.
Former Eldorado Assistant Fire Chief Rodney “Tiny” Menne was discovered by a firefighter and plow driver who arrived early at the station for their shift, according to the Fond du Lac Reporter.
Officials said Menne’s death is not suspicious; his cause of death has not yet been determined.
Menne served the department for 30 years.
“We all knew him,” Sgt. Jeff Bonack, with the Fond du Lac Sheriff’s Office, said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze