Okla. fire chief dies after being electrocuted
Wapanucka Fire Department Chief Gary Reeder, who was also an employee of Johnston County EMS, was checking out an electrical issue when the incident occurred
By FireRescue1 Staff
WAPANUCKA, Okla. — A fire chief died Sunday after being electrocuted while off duty.
KOCO reported that Wapanucka Fire Department Chief Gary Reeder, 40, was checking out an electrical issue at his home when he was electrocuted by something he touched, according to Johnston County officials.
Chief Reeder was also a part-time employee of Johnston County EMS. He leaves behind a wife, three children and one grandchild.
"RIP Fire Chief Gary Reeder," Wapanucka Fire Department said on Facebook. "You will be missed by many. God took you home way too early, but he needed you to help him out in heaven."