logo for print

Okla. fire chief dies after being electrocuted

Wapanucka Fire Department Chief Gary Reeder, who was also an employee of Johnston County EMS, was checking out an electrical issue when the incident occurred


By FireRescue1 Staff

WAPANUCKA, Okla. — A fire chief died Sunday after being electrocuted while off duty.

KOCO reported that Wapanucka Fire Department Chief Gary Reeder, 40, was checking out an electrical issue at his home when he was electrocuted by something he touched, according to Johnston County officials.

Chief Reeder was also a part-time employee of Johnston County EMS. He leaves behind a wife, three children and one grandchild.

"RIP Fire Chief Gary Reeder," Wapanucka Fire Department said on Facebook. "You will be missed by many. God took you home way too early, but he needed you to help him out in heaven."

 

FIRE CHIEF KILLED: The Wapanucka Fire Dept is mourning the loss of their fire chief Gary Reeder. Reeder was electrocuted...

Posted by Lacie Lowry on Monday, June 4, 2018

 

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Thanks! You've been successfully signed up for the Fire Chief Newsletter!

Copyright © 2018 FireRescue1.com. All rights reserved.