Atlanta firefighters ask mayor for outside probe into cheating suit
Lawsuit concerned 5 black firefighters who finished among top 8 highest test scorers
By Joel Anderson
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
ATLANTA — Atlanta firefighters again have asked Mayor Kasim Reed to enlist outside investigators to look into allegations of cheating by black firefighters on a promotion exam.
Their appeal follows a civil trial judgment against the city on Friday, when a Fulton County jury found the city's Department of Human Resources didn't fully investigate the allegations.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze