Arbitrator hired to resolve firefighter 'cheating' claim
Five Fla. firefighters used past copies of test to prepare for an entrance exam
By Will Hobson
Tampa Bay Times
LARGO, Fla. — An arbitrator will be hired to resolve whether five Largo firefighters were cheating.
The city is searching for an arbitrator to decide if what five firefighters did to prepare for a test was cheating, after an assistant city manager reduced most of their suspensions but did not exonerate them.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Labor Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze