Fire dept. lands the state's tallest ladder truck
The Beachwood FD took ownership of the 137-foot high ladder truck in October
By Jeff Piorkowski
BEACHWOOD, Ohio — The city’s fire department has a new ladder truck that reaches so high, one might think upon seeing it for the first time that the clouds could be touched from its top step.
In reality, the ladder stretches upward 137 feet, high enough to make it the tallest of its kind among trucks in all of Ohio’s fire departments.
The city took ownership of the $800,000 vehicle in October and then firefighters took about three weeks to attach necessary equipment inside and around the truck.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze