Ore. crews share resources worldwide
Firefighters fly to third-world countries to donate supplies, typically on their vacation time
By Abbey Gibb
CLACKAMAS, Ore. -- A group of local firefighters are making a difference all over the globe, as they fly to third-world countries giving donated supplies and priceless knowledge.
"Equipment is such a big deal for these small towns. They would be fighting fire in what you and I would wear on the street," Clackamas County firefighter Burke Slater explained.
He's sitting on the cold concrete of his fire house rolling up donated Nomex pants and firefighting helmets.
Full story: Clack. fire crews share resources worldwide
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze