Volunteer station burns to ground, firefighters seek temporary home
Firefighters were able to remove their apparatus; the cause of the fire is under investigation
By David O'Leary
The Evening News
NORTH BERWICH, Scotland — Fire chiefs are seeking an alternative base in North Berwick after a blaze gutted the town's station.
More than 40 firefighters raced to tackle an early morning fire at the Station Road facility yesterday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze