Govt. officials to be sentenced for role in fire that claimed 4 firefighters
The officials pled guilty in January to failing to provide for the health and safety of the firefighters
By Matthew Cooper
The Press Association Mediapoint
WARWICKSHIRE COUNTY, England — A local authority will be sentenced today for health and safety breaches linked to a warehouse blaze which claimed the lives of four firefighters.
Warwickshire County Council pleaded guilty in January this year to a charge brought under the Health and Safety at Work Act following an inquiry into the fire in Atherstone-on-Stour in 2007.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze