Fla. fire chief admits to molesting teen
He admitted to molesting and touching an unidentified 16-year-old girl
By Millard K. Ives
The Daily Commercial
SUMTER COUNTY, Fla. — A deputy fire chief for Sumter County Fire Rescue was fired Wednesday, a day after being jailed on four counts of lewd and lascivious child molestation.
Cecil "Brad" Burris, 54, who has been with the department since 2003 and also serves as a fire marshall, admitted to molesting and touching the unidentified 16-year-old girl, according to an arrest affidavit.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. fire chief admits to molesting teen
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze