Fire department merger talks reopen
Fire chief is calling for a feasibility study looking into the pros and cons of such a move
GRAND TRAVERSE, Mich. — The debate is reheating as the long talked about idea to merge the Grand Traverse Metro and Traverse City Fire Departments takes another step.
The Grand Traverse Metro Fire Department chief, Pat Parker, is proposing a feasibility study to look into the pro's and con's of a possible merger between Metro and City fire departments.
Metro sent an application for Governor Snyder's Economic Vitality Incentive program. Grant money that helps fund similar studies.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze