Firefighters escape injury when hydraulic failure sends aerial into live wire
Fire chief says this mishap is a result of an aging fleet
By Christin Coyne
The Weatherford Democrat
WEATHERFORD, Texas — The Weatherford fire marshal believes a homeless man’s activities in the basement of a vacant Weatherford ISD building likely led to a blaze late Wednesday night that destroyed the single-story structure.
Weatherford firefighters received a call of smoke in the area after 10 p.m. Wednesday and found heavy, thick, black smoke coming from the eaves of a single-story building in the 100 block of North Denton Street, officials said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze