logo for print

Firefighters escape injury when hydraulic failure sends aerial into live wire

Fire chief says this mishap is a result of an aging fleet


By Christin Coyne
The Weatherford Democrat 

WEATHERFORD, Texas — The Weatherford fire marshal believes a homeless man’s activities in the basement of a vacant Weatherford ISD building likely led to a blaze late Wednesday night that destroyed the single-story structure.

Weatherford firefighters received a call of smoke in the area after 10 p.m. Wednesday and found heavy, thick, black smoke coming from the eaves of a single-story building in the 100 block of North Denton Street, officials said.

Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions Privacy Policy

Full story: Firefighters escape injury when hydraulic failure sends aerial into live wire

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Fire Department Management

Sponsored by

Thanks! You've been successfully signed up for the Fire Chief Newsletter!

Copyright © 2017 FireRescue1.com. All rights reserved.