New Orleans EMS ramps up for Carnival and Super Bowl combo
Authorities said 100 percent of the work force will be out on the streets
NEW ORLEANS — Every year New Orleans Emergency Medical Service has to deal with all kinds of problems during Carnival celebrations. But in 2013, the Super Bowl could add even more problems to an already very busy time for EMS.
On Tuesday morning, workers at EMS headquarters were readying all of their resources.
The Super Bowl adds the equivalent of a third weekend of Carnival to the EMS schedule, said Dr. Jeff Elder, the director of New Orleans EMS.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze