Ariz. dept. fined for fire training accident
The citation asked for a $3,750 fine to be paid
By Jon Johnson
Eastern Arizona Courier
THATCHER, Ariz. — The Thatcher Fire Department just got burned by a seven-month-old fire.
On Jan. 10, the Industrial Commission of Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health issued two citations to the Thatcher Fire Department regarding a June 16 fire training mishap that caused injuries to firefighters. The notification listed one citation as serious and issued a $3,750 fine to the Fire Department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ariz. dept. fined for fire training accident
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze