Fire-safety program worked, boy saved sister, contained house fire

The 11-year-old had been taught what to do in case of fire, and when one broke out he did it


By Caroline Wilson
The Evening Times 

GLASGOW, Scotland — A teenage boy has been hailed a hero after he saved his sister from a house blaze.

Timothy Jackson, 13, remained calm and sprung into action when a kitchen appliance caught fire in their home.

LexisNexis Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.   
Terms and Conditions Privacy Policy

Full story: Fire-safety program worked, boy saved sister, contained house fire

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Fire Department Management

Sponsored by

Thanks! You've been successfully signed up for the Fire Chief Newsletter!

logo for print