Ind. FD receives $4 million grant
The grant will allow for the hiring of 30 firefighters
INDIANAPOLIS — Indianapolis will be able to hire 30 new firefighters in the next two years after receiving a $4 million grant.
The Indianapolis Fire Department announced Tuesday that it received the grant, and said it “couldn’t have come at a better time.”
IFD began a hiring process in 2012 with the hopes it would receive the grant. The department has lost about 100 firefighters in the past few years through retirements, resignations and death.
Full story: Grant allows hire of 30 firefighters
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze