Money missing from volunteer fire dept., state police investigating
This marks the third fire department in the county to come under investigation
By Mishele Wright
MARION, Ind. — Indiana State Police say they are looking into a report of missing money from Washington Township Volunteer Fire Department.
Sgt. Tony Slocum, public information officer for the Peru Post, said the inquiry began within the past month.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze