Turnout of women volunteers on the rise
Some say the number of woman firefighters has spiked in the last five to ten years
By Jayette Bolinski
LINCOLN, Ill. - KaCey Noe's first attempt at proving she had what it took physically to be a firefighter didn't work out the way she planned.
Neither did the second attempt.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Turnout of women volunteers on the rise
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze