Maine town prepares for zombie response
About 100 emergency responders from 8 counties participated in daylong preparedness exercise 'Zombie Apocalypse'
By Dawn Gagnon
The Bangor Daily News
BANGOR, Maine — What if a pandemic hit Maine? Who would respond? What would they do? Where would they get vital resources that likely would be in short supply? What if there wasn't enough antidote to go around?
These are just some of the questions that about 100 emergency responders from eight Maine counties grappled with Thursday during "Zombie Apocalypse," a daylong preparedness exercise conducted by the Northeastern Maine Regional Resource Center at Spectacular Event Center.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Maine town prepares for zombie response
- Weird News
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze