1 dead, 3 hurt in Ky. ambulance crash
Collision flipped ambulance onto its roof, driver of SUV may have been under the influence of drugs
GLENCOE, Ky. — A patient who was being taken to an area clinic for medical treatment died Tuesday after the ambulance he was riding in was struck by another vehicle and overturned in Northern Kentucky.
Two members of the Gallatin County Fire Department were transporting John Little, 59, of Dry Ridge, when an SUV struck the ambulance on U.S. 127 near Tapering Pointe Road in Glencoe just before 10 a.m.
Police say the SUV, driven by Hunter LeGrand, 22, of Warsaw, struck a pole and a mailbox before crossing the center line and colliding with the ambulance head-on.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze