Firefighter loses leg to flesh-eating bacteria
Firefighter Ralph Lettieri vows to get back on the job and continue firefighting
By Lucy Yang
EAST PATCHOGUE, N.Y. — 26-year-old Ralphie Lettieri beat the odds and survived a flesh-eating bacteria disease.
"I feel like I'm a miracle," Ralphie Lettieri said.
Ralphie Lettieri is a miracle after having survived being eaten alive by a chilling bacteria. "Doing this now, I feel like I can do anything," Lettieri said.
Full story: Man survives flesh-eating bacteria disease
- Health & Wellness
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.