Woman fights off shark with Taekwondo in Hawaii
The woman is a Black Belt in the Korean martial art and punched the shark so hard it swam away
The New York Post
HAWAII — A 13-foot shark got the surprise of its life when its "dinner'' turned out to be an expert in martial arts.
Mariko Haugen was swimming in Hawaii when the shark came into view.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Woman fights off shark with Taekwondo in Hawaii
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze