No jail time for woman who struck 2 firefighters
Jessica Lanier had drank three beers before driving and hitting the men
Post & Courier
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. — The woman accused of being intoxicated when she struck two Goose Creek firefighters with her car last year will not go to jail.
Jessica Lanier, 26, of Goose Creek stood before a judge Tuesday and pleaded no contest to a charge of driving under the influence. She had been charged with a more severe felony count, but prosecutors said the reduced charge was more appropriate for the offense.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: No jail time for woman who struck 2 firefighters
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze