MMA star doubles as firefighter, paramedic
Chad "The Grave Digger" Griggs has been a firefighter for over a decade
MONTREAL — Professional mixed martial artist Chad Griggs says when he is not fighting, he's a full-time firefighter and paramedic.
Griggs, 34 who goes by the moniker "Grave Digger," has been fighting professionally since 2005 and has been with the Tucson (Ariz.) Fire Department for 12 years, according to the Canadian Press.
"It's a great career," Griggs said.
He was recently promoted to a paramedic and says that he makes his training fit his demanding scheduling by trading a lot of shifts with his brothers and fitting in mini-workouts at the firehouse.
Griggs is not the only UFC fighter to double as a firefighter, with at least five other pros doing the same.
- Weird News
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze