Video: Actor Steve Buscemi records PSA for Sandy's firefighter victims
The former FDNY firefighter is asking for support for firefighters who lost their homes to Hurricane Sandy
NEW YORK — Former FDNY firefighter and current "Boardwalk Empire" star Steve Buscemi recorded this public safety announcement for firefighters who have been affected Hurricane Sandy.
The PSA supports Friends of Firefighters, an organization created after 9/11 that is currently raising money for Sandy relief.
Buscemi has been seen out in the hardest hit NYC neighborhoods helping those affected by Sandy.
Buscemi was an FDNY firefighter for four years in the early 80s.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze