Firefighter battling cancer starts children's cancer charity
The firefighter was so touched by the children he met during treatment that he started the charity campaign.
TULSA, Okla — A Tulsa firefighter who's saved countless lives is now fighting to save his own.
Mark Meyer, a veteran of the Tulsa Fire Department, boarded a plane Monday morning to New York. He will see a doctor who will perform surgery on him later this week.
For the last several months Meyer has been in and out of medical facilities undergoing chemotherapy.
- Health & Wellness
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze