Firefighters evacuate factory after hazmat incident
Two incompatible chemicals mixed at the auto parts manufacturer causing several illnesses
By Kevin Swayze
The Guelph Mercury
WATERLOO, Canada — Eight people were taken to hospital after a suspected formaldehyde gas leak at a Waterloo auto parts factory Monday morning.
In all, 40 people were assessed by Waterloo Region paramedics outside of Ultra Manufacturing.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze