Mother recalls devastating house fire
The woman's fiance is still in the hospital after suffering burns to 65 percent of his body
By Jennifer Pignolet
SPOKANE, Wash. — Jessica Hammond remembers just about everything from Tuesday morning.
How they needed to escape the thick smoke, but her fiance couldn't fit through the small window in their basement-level bedroom.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mother recalls devastating house fire
- Fire Attack
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze