Chicago-area firefighters rally around one of their own
Firefighter Mike Solberg has battling brain cancer
By Danny Gire
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. — Schaumburg firefighter Mike Solberg said he never felt alone, not once, since his medical ordeal began.
"From the moment this started, I was never alone," Solberg said. "The moment the department knew about it, my family instantly expanded to 120."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Health & Wellness
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze