Australian firefighter dies after battling blaze
The 30-year veteran volunteer firefighter collapsed at the scene
ABC Premium News
GISBORNE, Australia — A long-serving volunteer firefighter who died at the scene of a blaze near Bendigo has been remembered as a selfless man.
Peter Harry, 48, had been a volunteer with the Country Fire Authority (CFA) for nearly 30 years.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Australian firefighter dies after battling blaze
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze