Man says his father died waiting for ambulance
The man's father died on New Year's Eve, the day dozens of DC firefighters called out sick
WASHINGTON — In an exclusive interview, a D.C. man told News4 that his father died on New Year's Eve while waiting 40 minutes for an ambulance to arrive -- the same night that dozens of D.C. firefighters called out sick.
Durand Ford Jr. told News4's Shomari Stone that his father, Durand Ford Sr., went into cardiac arrest on New Year's Eve and his family called 911 around 1 a.m. to request assistance.
"We're even more saddened because of the circumstances that surround my father's death," Ford said.
Full story: Son: Father Died Waiting for D.C. Ambulance
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- Man runs back into burning building for 2 cans of beer
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze