Video: Sandy Hook students record "Over the Rainbow"
A recorded of the version is available for purchase with proceeds going to charity
NEWTOWN, Conn. — A month after 20 of their schoolmates were brutally killed a group of students from Sandy Hook Elementary gathered to record "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" with singer Ingrid Michaelson.
A group of 21 Sandy Hook singers, with the help of their music teacher Sabrina Post, gathered around the microphones at the home of former Talking Heads members Chris Frantz and Tina Weymouth.
The song is on sale on Amazon and iTunes, with the proceeds benefiting Newtown Youth Academy and United Way of Western Connecticut.
Full story: Sandy Hook students record "Over the Rainbow"
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of FireRescue1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
FireRescue1 top 5
- Official: FDNY firefighter may have been jolted from bucket
- NJ fire dept.'s apparatus fleet 'in dire need of replacing'
- Video: Volunteer firefighter-EMT rescues girl who fell out of bus
- Off-duty firefighter hospitalized after being shot multiple times
- More than 200 firefighters battle massive 5-alarm building blaze